Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just so much to the man


For the past 30 years he’s:

• gotten up at 5:30 every single morning.

• only ever worn white shirts for ‘churching’. It’s like his uniform. Suit and tie.

• been short tempered, it’s true. But he never holds grudges.

• been the first to say “I’m sorry” even if it really wasn’t his fault.

• changed the oil in my car every 3,000 miles. Like clock work.

• been good with money. Shocker, I know. Less widely known: he’s very generous, too.

• remained fiercely loyal. Mac is the only true computer, and he’s the only man I know (or woman for that matter) who has patronized the same hairdresser for the last 20 years.

• a man who has never forgotten a Valentine’s day, Birthday or Anniversary.

• a good and supportive father and an amazing Grandpa.

• bailed me out and stood by me in good times and bad.

• been my rock.

Still my guy. After 30 years.

Love you, ld. Kissee, kissee.

1 comment:

ld said...

Yes, indeed! It's been an incredible 30 years of love and joy. Thanks for the memories.

Looking forward to many, many more.

OXOXoxoxOXOX