Saturday, November 21, 2009
Just so much to the man
For the past 30 years he’s:
• gotten up at 5:30 every single morning.
• only ever worn white shirts for ‘churching’. It’s like his uniform. Suit and tie.
• been short tempered, it’s true. But he never holds grudges.
• been the first to say “I’m sorry” even if it really wasn’t his fault.
• changed the oil in my car every 3,000 miles. Like clock work.
• been good with money. Shocker, I know. Less widely known: he’s very generous, too.
• remained fiercely loyal. Mac is the only true computer, and he’s the only man I know (or woman for that matter) who has patronized the same hairdresser for the last 20 years.
• a man who has never forgotten a Valentine’s day, Birthday or Anniversary.
• a good and supportive father and an amazing Grandpa.
• bailed me out and stood by me in good times and bad.
• been my rock.
Still my guy. After 30 years.
Love you, ld. Kissee, kissee.