Monday, May 17, 2010

play is the work of childhood

Cate has taken to dramatic play in a big way. She shops and cooks and nurses her baby and is a strict piano teacher. Real strict. You don’t want to get in the way of her pointer stick.

Today I took her back to Blythe. To my house on 5th Street.

She hollers for Maddie to come and play.

The lady of the house graciously invites me in.

Hey, I can see you out my window, too. Great fun.

Time to grocery shop.

Do you need anything at the store, Grandy? Oh yes. I would like some bread. Oh-tay.

Wheeling out the groceries. It's hard wert. (work:)

My Cate reminds me that:
We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything than when we are at play.
-- Charles Schaefer

Playing with her is the highlight of my day.

No comments: