Sunday, January 20, 2008

To Know Her Is To Love Her


Years ago, when I was attending BYU and still single, I spent an awful lot of time over at HB and Penee’s. I love my brother and sister-in-law dearly but their adorable little girl, Lindsay Anne was really the reason for my frequent (okay, almost daily) visits.

She was the most precocious and darling little thing I had ever seen and so entertaining. We played and hung out a lot, the age difference was irrelevant. She was my little friend.

Sometime after, I married and was lucky enough to tend Lindsay (Lacy and Dana and Devry, too!) for awhile while Penee worked. She loved to read, read, read and talk, talk, talk. I laugh now thinking about conversations I had with this amazing little 3 year old. Her many gifts and talents were evident early on, not the least of which was/is her ability to be an amusing and thought provoking conversationalist. I have always maintained that Linds should have gone into television and had her own talk show as her ability to talk about anything and everything to nearly anyone is remarkable.

Through the years I have watched her grow into the lovely young woman she is today. I see her lift and brighten and inspire by her example so many, myself included, and feel so lucky to still call her ‘my little friend’.

Happy Birthday, Lindsay Anne. Love, love you.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love you Candy. Thank you for the very sweet birthday wishes!

Megs said...

Dear Mama Betty, LOVE your new blog! The blue is so calming. ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE you...thanks for good times tonight!

Kodison said...

I must say Belle Ma, your new blog is pretty fly... for being done by a white guy... :)

lacy lee said...

The new look is very fabulous!