Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.


So I’ve been in a blogging funk. Shocker, what was your first clue? For almost a month I’ve not written anything. This is because…. wait. I don’t wanna tell you why. If I do you will laugh at what a ninny I am. But here it is. I have not been posting because ld made it impossible for me to get on the internet with my old computer, the one with ‘over 3,000 files’ and I have been in mourning. ld told me yesterday, after I begged and begged him to get me up and running, that I just needed to face reality.

“Your old computer is dead, kaput. It doesn’t work anymore, comprendo? You have to switch over to your new, you have no choice.”

Way to stab me into the heart, ld and I confess right here and now, that my reluctance to switch has been due in large part to my harboring the resentful sense that you somehow secretly sabotaged my computer. You didn’t. Did you?

So, ladies and gents, drum roll here, I am finally using my ‘new’ computer, the one ld bought me last February and I am reconciled that I have to learn how to use Word and Pages and it sucks. I miss my Word Perfect (and you can all stop laughing right now). Anyway, that has been the biggest obstacle to my not posting for a while. For a good long while. It is so hard to teach this old dog new tricks. But as someone once said, ‘Change always comes bearing gifts” and I will concede it is awfully nice not to have to cut and paste the letter ‘t’…and "r"…and "e".

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm so pleased to have you back in the blogging world. Bless your new computer if it means we can be better connected to our Auntie :)