Tuesday, February 5, 2013

a new Arnold grandie

We have a new, tiny pink baby.

Andie Arnett Arnold

Born February 1, 2013 at 5:17 pm. 5 lbs 13 oz. 17 inches long.

We are beyond thrilled.



Easiest birth yet for Kenzie. She coughed and Andie appeared.



Andie joins the ranks of these two:

Strawberry shortcake obsessed, knock-knock jokester Maddie



and precocious, jump-off-furniture, smart Cate.



Both of them so sweet and endearing.

I tended Cate and Mads during Kenzie's hospital stay. It was a weekend of happy meals, dollar store pick-outs, baking cupcakes, reading, crafting and imaginative play. Standard Grandma stuff.

Oh, these girls are growing up and it's sweet and hilarious to see the sister dynamics evolve.

Saturday, the bathroom door was open and Cate was sitting on the toilet dangling her legs. Maddie was in there too, standing next to Cate, hands on her hips.

I pass by and hear this little exchange:

Cate: No, Maddie. You have to pay me $59.00, k?

Maddie: But me no got any money. (She turns her palms out for proof)

Cate: That's it. $59.00 or you can't poop.

Maddie: But me need to poop. Hooge (huge) poop.

At this point I intervened.

Oh, Andie dear. Do you have any idea what you have gotten yourself into?

3 comments:

Megs said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I am crying I'm laughing so hard right now. I MISSSSSSSS these girls SOOOOO much! Can't wait to add Faye and Emers in the mix this weekend!

lacy lee said...

So, so adorable. Way to go, Kenz!

Fat panda said...

hahahaha I can imagine that moment. So funny girls... Andie will be a funny girl too.