Thursday, October 6, 2011

the only way to do great work is to love what you do--Steve Jobs

It's all over the news of course. Weird to feel so sad for someone I never knew personally. But his genius is evident everywhere in my house. We own and have owned so many of his products and ld raised our children strong in the faith 'Macs are the one and only true computer'. Oh and the ipods and ipads, what was life like before?

It's a sad day. He was a genius, many people say. Interestingly enough, I read his famous (and now quoted and linked everywhere in his passing) commencement address a couple of weeks ago. I liked when he said:
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

only I would add 'don't waste it wanting someone else's life', too.

The link then:
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

His passing is a good reminder to try, as he is famously quoted, 'to make a dent in the universe'.

No comments: