Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kodison


My first impression upon seeing Kody for the first time (okay apart from the fact that he was really really tall) was that he was intelligent, well mannered, and funny. Oh, and he was crazy about Megs. That was pretty clear.

As things progressed I bent Megs ear ‘a tick’. She already had drawn up her own assessment of him, she just wasn’t ready to admit she was falling. So I nudged a bit. Just a bit. “What the heck are you afraid of Megs?” and “ You’d be hard pressed to find a finer young man”

In time (rather quickly in fact), she discovered and admitted to herself that her prince had in fact come. Kody was all she had been hoping for and more.

The surprise to everyone (okay mostly me) was the ‘and more’ part. It’s true, he is intelligent but not in a nerdy or superior way. He’s insightful and sees through a lot of crap. (I might even go so far as to label you ‘alternative’, Kodis:)

It’s also true that Kody’s manners are impeccable without being Mr. Collins like, as in giving them a studied air. He is polite and socially adept but it’s based in a genuine caring for the feelings of others. When he always compliments my cooking or thanks me for some small favor it’s always sincere. No Eddie Haskellness at all.

Perhaps the biggest surprise turned out to be his wit. Kody is really funny, but not in a ha ha ha in your face be the center of attention kind of way. No, his humor is much more subtle, keen, sometimes sarcastic (but never mean). Very Howard-like in his delivery.

These are things I love about Kody but wait there’s more. I appreciate his goodness, his kindness, his gentle demeanor. I love how he treats and respects Meghan, and how kind he is to me.

Kodison, I am so happy you are a part of our little fam. You have brightened and cheered and taught us all one can be obsessed with little men in helmets and tight pans and still be much loved.

Happy Birthday. Love, Velma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Kody feller must really be something to put his name along side Mr. Collins and Eddie Haskell. That's a very interesting combination.