Sunday, July 31, 2011

54

This is what 54 looks like folks. Yup. Wrinkles and greying but hey, I'm still here. True I move slower and not as much stamina, but I can't complain.

There was a time in my life when I wondered if I would live to see the next morning. Well, I did live and every birthday since my 29th has been a bonus. Bad times, dark times, good times, all a gift. I am glad to have reached 54.

ld surprised me with a CRV, one he had his eye on for a while. Sweet ride. Sweet man.

Keny gave me a wok pan I have been hinting for and JLW gave me a sweet and funny JannyCoupon.

And that Martha-Meghan made the most amazing chocolate cheesecake. She'll post the recipe over at Humble Pie soon.

Thanks for the phone calls, texts, treats, gifts and good wishes everyone. I love you all. Mean it.

2 comments:

Megs said...

i sure hope i look that good when i'm 54. happiest of birthdays, mumsie.

lacy lee said...

You look great! Glad you had a happy day!